Using permaculture principles, we will be building a banana circle in the Combine Street Community Garden and plant bananas trees as well as some good companion plants.
A banana circle is one of the easiest-to-build and most rewarding element of a permaculture garden.
Within weeks, it provides:
- a beautiful shaded area to sit under,
- great screening and windbreak,
- a potential place to catch rain or grey water,
- a place to dipose of green waste (in the centre of the circle… the hungry banana trees will literally eat it all up!),
- and of course, lots of FREE bananas year round!
Banana circle workshop
Date: Sunday 18th December 2011
Place: Combine Street Community Garden (see map below)
Cost: this is a FREE workshop
What to bring: hat, sunscreen, water, gloves…