Home » Community Corner (page 6)

Category Archives: Community Corner

Community Corner: Contributions, features on community farms and other groups, upcoming and past events.

Mosaic artist Christina Macaulay at Lennox Street Studios Open Day

An invitation to the Lennox Street Studios Open Day has just popped into my in-box and I thought I’d share a link to one of the studio’s resident artists, Christina Macaulay. Christina is a contemporary and abstract mosaic artist whose work is informed by traditional mosaic style and the techniques ... Read More »

Sydney Sustainability Jam 2012 – Everyone is welcome

48 Hours to SAVE the world! On November 2, 2012, people interested in a design-based approach to creativity will meet at locations all over the globe. Everyone is welcome to be part of it – service designers, accountants, sustainability experts, strategists, investors, researchers, journalists, teachers, ecologists, hackers, makers, artists, permaculturists, ... Read More »

Global Health at UNSW Conference and; Public Talk on 13 August 2012

A one day conference at the University of NSW followed by a Public talk in the evening with Stephen Lewis. Other speakers include, Hon Michael Kirby, Dr David Wilson, World Bank; and numerous experts.  For more details check out our website: http://www.globalhealth.unsw.edu.au/ Read More »

Permaculture Design Certificate – Cairns – June/July 2012

30th June – 13th July 2012 – Cairns • Far North Queensland Join us at The Flexible Learning Centre, Cairns and take part in a very special two week Permaculture Design Certificate Course with the co-author of the principle book on Permaculture in Schools “Outdoor Classrooms”, Janet Millington and FreeRange ... Read More »

Mamre Homestead

Mamre Homestead in St Marys Sydney is one of the earliest Colonial Homesteads dating back to the 1820’s and the Reverand Samuel Marsden. It is a 1,000 acre property that is now the home of the Mamre Project. Run by the Sisters of the Poor, it provides training and employment ... Read More »

Scroll To Top